Monday 13 March 2017

Freezing Point

 
Embroidered bird, detail of the 'Sing me to Sleep' quilt

The setting sun pulls the cold further to freezing point. I shiver but I'm not cold. And through the cloud of my breath I catch sight of the tiniest of birds in front of me. It's little eyes seem to be pulsating all the colours of the rainbow, as I stare it chirps: "Help me, I'm cold and hungry." I hold my hand out and tell the bird: "Jump on, I'll take you back to my campfire." I'm soon asleep after stoking the fire - and upon waking I open my eyes and see the bird, now a lot bigger than me. It asks me if it can now give me a lift somewhere. "Yes please. Will you take me home?"


Phil Haworth


From the project Sing me to Sleep  with arthur+martha and VšĮ Socialiniai meno projektai. Working with homeless people in Vilnius, Lithuania and Manchester, England. Creating a embroidered quilt, poems, audio pieces and other artwork. Supported in the UK by Arts Council EnglandThe Booth Centre and The Wellspring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment