Tuesday 14 March 2017

Booth Wood

On stage, but in the pages of a book
Water pearls hidden in the
Hollow of the great oak
Situated within the centre of Booth Wood

Could find a treasure of
Rubies, diamonds and
Fresh water pearls
Day to day my story would not be told

So I start to walk eastward
After awhile, rested by a giant chestnut
It spoke to me, saying I'm full of the
Colours of the rainbow

It was dark. I awoke not knowing
The direction I came from.



Peter Twigg

Poem written in dust, and the 'Sing me to Sleep' quilt. National Gallery of Art, Vilinus 

From the project Sing me to Sleep  with arthur+martha and VšĮ Socialiniai meno projektai. Working with homeless people in Vilnius, Lithuania and Manchester, England. Creating a embroidered quilt, poems, audio pieces and other artwork. Supported in the UK by Arts Council EnglandThe Booth Centre and The Wellspring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment